Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
Apply for Miami-Dade County's Emergency Rental Assistance Program 2 Phase 2 here
Welcome to the application for Miami-Dade County's Emergency Rental Assistance Program 2 Phase 2 (ERAP 2 Phase 2). The ERAP 2 Phase 2 Program provides one-time emergency rental assistance to Miami-Dade County households experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
We anticipate the need for assistance will be far greater than the funds available. Because of this, we have developed an application process that will ensure that all applications will be treated fairly. The application period will open October 21, 2020 and will remain open until all available funds have been awarded.
All applications that are completed and meet basic program requirements will be reviewed until all available funds have been awarded. Review of applications will be performed in the order received based on the date and time of submission.
Rental Assistance Provided
The amount of rental assistance you receive will depend on the amount of unpaid rent. You may be eligible to receive up to three months of rental assistance, but no more than $5,000 in total.
- Your place of residence must be in Miami-Dade County
- You are unable to pay your full rent as a result of a COVID-19 caused financial hardship
- Your current household income must not exceed one-hundred and twenty percent (120%) of annual Area Median Income (AMI) for Miami-Dade County. For example, 120% AMI for a single person household is $76,800; for a 2-person household, $87,840; etc.)
2020 Income Limit Categories
Persons in Household 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Annual Income at 80% AMI $51,200 $58,500 $65,800 $73,100 $78,950 $84,800 $90,650 $95,500 Annual Income at 120% AMI $76,800 $87,840 $98,760 $109,680 $118,560 $127,320 $136,080 $144,840
- There must be an executed lease between you and the property owner or landlord
- You must certify that your household does not receive any other rental subsidy (for example: Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher, Project Based Section 8, Public Housing, VASH, HOME Tenant Based Rental Assistance, Emergency Solutions Grant/HAND)
Tenant Documentation: You will be contacted by a case manager on how to submit this documentation.
- Proof of being financially impacted by the COVID-19 (e.g., layoff letter, unemployment claim, etc.)
- Your current lease or pages of current lease showing address of home, amount of lease rent, term of lease or if your lease is on a month-to-month basis, and signature of you and landlord.
- Government issued photo ID for all household members (e.g., driver’s license, passport, birth certificate ).
- Proof of current income for all household members (e.g., recent pay stubs, layoff letter, unemployment benefits letter, etc.)
Owner/Landlord Documentation: Your owner/landlord will be contacted by a case manager on how to submit this documentation.
- Owner W-9 form
To begin your application, please select the green “START HERE” box below. You must complete the entire application in order to be placed on the Emergency Rental Assistance Program 2 Phase 2 (ERAP 2 Phase 2) list. This application must be completed in one sitting, if not you will be required to re-start the application from the beginning. Only apply once. Duplicate applications will be deleted. An email address is required to complete the online application.
You and your landlord will be contacted by email or phone if you have been selected for rental assistance under ERAP 2 Phase 2. The assistance from ERAP 2 Phase 2 will be paid directly to your landlord.
Miami-Dade County will seek to prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law and take other actions to recover funds should you misrepresent any information on your application, knowingly accept funds for which you are not entitled, or otherwise attempt to defraud or abuse ERAP 2 Phase 2.
If you cannot gain access to apply online, paper applications will be available at the following location:Public Housing and Community Development Applicant Leasing Center
1401 N.W. 7th Street
Miami, Florida 33125
For additional ERAP 2 Phase 2 information, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document by clicking on your language of preference below:
Public Housing & Community Development - Miami-Dade County does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in, housing programs or activities.
Enter your Agent Code here...